Botox and Dermal Filler FAQs
1. What is the difference between BOTOX® and dermal fillers?
BOTOX® is used to treat frown lines, crow’s feet, and between the brows. Dermal fillers are used to fill in deep lines around your mouth, or to plump thin or creased lips. The fillers add volume and fullness to the skin.
2. How long will results from BOTOX® last?
Approximately four months (individual results vary for each patient).
3. How long will dermal filler results last?
Results last about six to nine months (individual results vary for each patient).
4. Will BOTOX® freeze my expressions?
No, BOTOX® will simply relax your expressions.
5. What do dermal fillers do, and what are the ingredients used?
Our interventional radiologists use dermal fillers to fill in deep lines around your mouth, or to plump thin or creased lips caused by aging or smoking. These safe and effective gels add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. The dermal fillers used at Ponte Vedra Vein Institute include Juvéderm™ and Restylane®. The main ingredient used in Restalyne® and Juvederm™ is non-animal Hyaluronic Acid.
6. Is it safe to receive BOTOX® or dermal fillers if I am pregnant, or just had a baby?
We recommend that women wait one year after giving birth to receive BOTOX® or dermal fillers.
7. Is it safe to receive dermal fillers or BOTOX®?
BOTOX®, as well as Restalyne® and Juvederm™ (dermal filler injectables), are all FDA-approved.
8. Does BOTOX® have any side effects?
The most common side effect after receiving a BOTOX® injection is temporary bruising. Rarely, a headache may occur, and usually resolves within 24 to 48 hours. Headaches are usually caused by the BOTOX® spreading into other areas. Therefore, avoid rubbing the treated area for at least 12 hours post-treatment, and avoid lying down for 3 to 4 hours post-procedure.
9. Why should I choose an interventional radiologist for BOTOX® and dermal filler treatments?
An interventional radiologist is skilled and trained in minimally invasive procedures. Our Physicians are all board-certified and recognized as “Leading Physicians of the World” and “Top Doctors in Florida”.
Baby Foot™ FAQs
1. Does Baby Foot™ contain 2 plastic booties for use?
Yes, Baby Foot™ pack contains a sock for each foot. Suitable for women sizes 4 – 12 and men sizes 4-13
2. Is Baby Foot™ re-usable?
No, single use only.
3. After my treatment, how do I take care of my feet?
Bathe as usual and do not add lotion if possible. If your feet become too dry you may lightly add an oil free moisturizer. Not required, but the peeling process will be enhanced if you can soak your feet daily.
4. Can I use Baby Foot™ when tinea, corns or psoriasis is present?
Baby Foot™ may be applied when skin conditions like corns or psoriasis is present. We recommend that you spot test an area to make sure that you don’t experience stinging of the skin.
5. Do I need to use Baby Foot™ every day for two weeks?
No, only one application is necessary, which involves a one hour soaking time. It may take 3-7 days for peeling to start. The peeling process could take approximately two weeks. (Results will vary between individuals)
6. My heel is very rough. Is it ok to use Baby Foot™?
Baby Foot™ is widely used by people who experience dry and rough skin on their soles or old dead skin cells on their heel and toes.
7. Do I wash the foot after soaking?
Yes, remove the plastic booties after using the 1 hour treatment, then rinse feet thoroughly. Remember, don’t add lotion to your feet until the peeling process is complete. If your feet are too dry, you may use a oil free lotion from time to time.
8. Do I need to stay seated while I am using Baby Foot™?
No, you are permitted to walk around if desired. As long as your feet are soaking in the gel, you will get results. We recommend limited walking. Enhance your experience by adding a pair of socks over the plastic booties and a pair of shoes.
9. It has been one week since I used Baby Foot™, but no dead skin cells have peeled off. How long do they take to peel off?
Results will vary among individuals due to the thickness of the dead skin cells on the soles of the feet. Peeling usually begins within 3 – 7 days, but could be as long as 14 days. Soaking your feet daily will speed up this process. The peeling process usually completes within 7 – 10 days. After bathing, gently rub your feet with your hands to commence the peeling process. Do not use a foot file.
10. After using Baby Foot™, I noticed that I still had some dead skin cells on my soles. When can I use Baby Foot™ again?
Yes. You can use Baby Foot™ 2 weeks after your initial application.
11. How often do you recommend the use of Baby Foot™?
Baby Foot™ can be used whenever you notice the build up of dead skin cells. We recommend using it every 2 months. Remember that based on the individual this timeframe will vary.
12. Will I experience other benefits by using Baby Foot™?
Absolutely. You may experience the following; better balance, increased blood circulation, decrease in foot odor as well as improving athletes foot. Be good to your feet…and they’ll be good to you!
13. Should I remove my nail polish before using Baby Foot™?
You do not need to remove your nail polilsh, however, the fruit acids could possibly dull the polish.
14. Will Baby Foot™ fade my tattoo?
Baby Foot™ is a foot peel, so there is a possibility for fading. Most people do not have a lot of peeling on the tops of their feet.
1. What are the benefits of Rejuvapen®?
In addition to tissue remodeling and skin tightening, Rejuvapen® has many benefits:
• Minimizes pore size
• Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
• Lifts, tightens, and rejuvenates the skin
• Repairs the signs of photodamage (sun damage)
• Improves the appearance of scars, stretch marks and acne scarring
• Stimulates collagen and elastin
2. Is there anything specific I need to do prior to receiving a Rejuvapen® Treatment?
Avoid sun exposure and discontinue use of all exfoliating agents 3 days prior to receiving a Rejuvapen® treatment. This includes any retinol products.
3. How long does it take?
The procedure itself takes 15-20 minutes. Plan on an overall visit of 45 minutes to an hour.
4. Does it hurt?
Little to no discomfort is experienced. A topical numbing agent is applied prior to treatment.
5. Can Rejuvapen® be performed just on the face?
Rejuvapen® can be performed on the face, neck, chest, back of the hands, stomach, and other areas of the body.
6. How many treatments will I need?
A series of 4 initial treatments are recommended, with treatments being performed 4 weeks apart. Rejuvapen® can be combined with other treatments, such as peels, which can be performed intermittently. After the initial 4 treatments, Rejuvapen® treatments can be performed on an ongoing basis.
• Pregnancy or lactating
• Cold sores or any open lesions
• Active acne
• Skin conditions such as hives, dermatitis, severe eczema and rosacea
• Acne medications such as Accutane
7. Is there downtime?
There is no downtime after Rejuvapen® treatments. Most patients experience a “sun-kissed” look and feel to their skin after each treatment. The skin appears pink to red, feels tight, and has a warm sensation, a similar sensation to that of a sunburn. This will subside within 24 hours.
8. What post care do I need after a treatment?
Do not use any exfoliating agents for 5-7 days after a treatment. This includes Clarisonic or other exfoliating facial brushes, and all forms of retinol. Avoid products with acids such as glycolic and salicylic. Do not go out in the sun or exercise after a treatment. We will discuss a proper skincare regimen that is designed to fit your specific needs prior to receiving a Rejuvapen® treatment.